FAME activities would not be possible without the efforts of committed volunteers throughout our community. Join us to help keep the nationally-renowned WPS music program a treasured resource for this and future generations of student musicians.
- Items or services - we raffle the donated items at the dinner dance to support our scholarship fund.
- Money - donations are used to fund projects and scholarships.
- Time - we can always use a hand - one time at an event or on going as a member of the FAME board.
- Support - attend the school concerts and support the student musicians and their teachers. Everybody loves an audience!
- Advocate for music education - Westford is very fortunate to have wonderful music program. While FAME is not an advocacy group, we encourage parents to let the Superintendent and School Committee know how you feel about music education in Westford Public Schools.
- Buy tickets and come to the fund raising events! - Every Fall, our Music Cafe at the PCA offers a club-type atmosphere with great live music. Local professional musicians donate their time and talent to support music education. In the spring, the FAME dinner dance is a showcase for student musicians from Westford Academy. Featuring the WA Jazz Band, the dinner dance is not only our premiere fundraiser but a great opportunity for WA students to perform in an intimate atmosphere.
- Event help - we need help with setup, serving and cleanup at both the café and the dinner dance.
- Newsletter - we are looking for help writing and editing our bi-yearly newsletter.
- Board member - if you could commit just 3 hours a month, we could use your help. Board members provide organizational direction and input into spending decisions.
- Officer - if you can commit just 6 hours a month, why not serve as an officer? Three of this year's officers will be retiring - we need help!!
- Scholarship committees - once a year, the scholarship committees review applications and award scholarship to outgoing seniors as well as summer program scholarships.